There’s an interesting ingredient that’s starting to pop up on a lot of menus (our included).
You might be asking yourself, “What the heck is quinoa?” While quinoa is usually considered to be a whole grain, it is actually a seed, but can be prepared like whole grains such as rice or barley. Quinoa is a favorite a favorite of many people for three reasons: First, it takes less time to cook than other whole grains – just 10 to 15 minutes. Second, quinoa tastes great on its own, unlike other grains such as millet or teff. Add a bit of olive oil, sea salt and lemon juice and – yum! Finally, of all the whole grains, quinoa has the highest protein content, so it’s perfect for vegetarians and vegans. Quinoa provides all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. Quinoa is a gluten-free and cholesterol-free whole grain, is kosher for Passover, and is almost always organic.
We want to do our part to encourage good eating habits, so join us on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at any of our 10 locations (11AM to 3PM) and when you show this offer to your server, you will enjoy our Coconut Chicken and Quinoa FOR FREE*!
*All you have to do is purchase a drink. Any drink, to enjoy this offer.
- Must purchase a drink – any drink
- NO SUBSTITUTIONS. The whole point is to get you to try the quinoa, so don’t ask for it to be taken off.
- You must print off this blog post and present it to your server or show it on your smartphone/iPad/laptop/etc.
- Not valid on to-go orders, this offer is for dine-in only
- Offer valid while supplies last